Webinar & Masterclass. Business and biodiversity: Accelerating the shift to a nature-positive planet
Event Date: 18/10/2023 1:00 pm
This combined webinar and masterclass session will help businesses to embed biodiversity into sustainability strategies in ways which protect ecosystems, reverse nature loss and increase resilience.
We are reaching a crucial tipping point for nature. Amidst a perfect storm of mass urbanisation, unsustainable exploitation of natural resources and escalating climate change, businesses must radically re-think the way we use our land and oceans, and how we produce energy, food and other resources.
The solutions are already available and many businesses are already taking action – whether its through the adoption of nature-based solutions, investing in ecosystem restoration, or scaling up nature-positive products and technologies.
Supported by real-life case studies and practical insights, this edie webinar and masterclass brings together a selection of sustainability, CSR and environmental experts to break down how organisations large and small can re-think business models, enhance biodiversity and ultimately become nature-positive.
The session is broken into two parts: a 60-minute, Q&A-style webinar exploring what true business leadership in the context of nature and biodiversity; and a 45-minute masterclass breaking down how businesses can effectively measure and report their impacts on nature.
Session 1: The big biodiversity Q&A: Business actions to protect and restore nature
- Matt Mace, Content Editor, edie
- David Hall, Managing Director, BRITA UK
- Mark Gough, CEO, Capitals Coalition
- Dr Kat Bruce, Founder, NatureMetrics
- Understanding how nature-related risks are already here, and getting bigger and faster
- Getting your own house in order: Baselining your biodiversity impacts and setting nature-related targets
- The role of offsetting: Identifying credible approaches to nature-based solutions
- Beyond compliance: What ‘great’ business looks like on nature and biodiversity through to 2030
Session 2: 45-Minute Masterclass: How to measure and report business impacts on nature (TNFD)
- Sarah George, Senior Reporter, edie
- Renata Pollini, Head of Nature, Holcim
- How to develop and embed an ambitious nature and biodiversity reporting strategy
- The Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD): Measuring, valuing and prioritising your impacts on nature
- Biodiversity Net Gain: What it means for your organisation
- Overcoming nature-related data barriers and knowledge gaps
RECOMMENDED PRE-READING FOR REGISTRANTS: edie Explains: Biodiversity and business
Action inspires action. Stay ahead of the curve with sustainability and energy newsletters from edieSubscribe