CBI demonstration project to streamline EHS/ CSR reporting and supply chain evaluation processes – funding opportunities available
The CBI, working in partnership with White Young Green Environmental (inc. 14000 & ONE Solutions) and Ecosys (as the registered EB for the project), are currently undertaking a major national demonstration study. Work continues in the development of Contour as a:
- Mechanism to assess supply chain performance
- Technique for EHS and corporate social reporting (CSR)
- Environment, health and safety diagnostic tool for all types of organisations
Contour is an established performance evaluation tool, enabling organisations to gain an accurate measure of EHS performance in comparison to best practice and other sectoral results. To date over 275 benchmarks have been completed. Contour has been enthusiastically adopted by a wide variety of organisations, both here in the UK and abroad, including Transco, Allied Domecq and BAE SYSTEMS.
Based on the success of Contour a number of additional applications are currently being identified. There is funding available to trial Contour in a variety of different scenarios including:
- Sustainable waste management and minimisation
- Delivering and reporting continual improvement
- EHS supply chain management
- External EHS, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) reporting and data collection
- Managing CSR and sustainability issues
- Regulatory and strategic policy tracking and evaluation
- Stakeholder consultation
- As a single collation tool for providing information to a number of existing UK rating / reporting systems including BiE/ BiTC, FTSE4Good and GRI
- Have an input into the development of the new tool and tailor it to your organisations’ requirements
- Compare your EHS, CSR and sustainability performance against leading competitors within your industry sector.
- Simplify your EHS (and other) reporting to stakeholders
- Understand effective methods for assessing EHS risk and evaluating supply chain performance
- Incorporate EHS diagnostic programmes (Contour) into your own existing supplier evaluation or EHS performance tools
- Simplify and streamlining report processes for BiE etc. or other stakeholders
Organisations are currently being identified to trial these new applications of Contour as part of a funded project.
Are you interested in any of the issues highlighted in this article? Maybe you’d like to:
To find out more about Contour, or how to get involved in this major national demonstration project, please contact Nicola Riley at White Young Green Environmental. Tel. ++44 (0) 161 872 3223 or email email@example.com.
“Transco gives top priority to, safety, health and the environment in all parts of its business. Contour has proved a valuable tool in achieving continual improvement and establishing our position against other leading companies in these key areas.”
We found Contour to be an excellent process for identifying current EHS provision and future provision requirements. Focused and well structured, it provides a comprehensive coverage of the environment health and safety issues faced by an organisation. We especially like the distinction between made between practice and performance, and the graphical and practical outputs.
Promote Corporate Communications
© Faversham House Ltd 2023 edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.
Please login or Register to leave a comment.