Net-Zero Live 2020: Speakers and programme revealed for virtual event
Committee on Climate Change (CCC) Chair Lord Deben, Conservative MP Bim Afolami and Unilever's Chief Supply Chain Officer Marc Engel are among the headline speakers for the free-to-attend Net-Zero Live virtual event on 10-12 November, which is now open for registration.
Lord Deben, who led the CCC's initial recommendations for the UK Government to establish a national net-zero carbon target for 2050, will deliver the opening address for the Net-Zero Live event which is dedicated to accelerating climate action and helping business build back better.
Afolami, who chairs the All Party Parliamentary Renewable and Sustainable Energy Group (PRASEG), will then deliver an energy management-themed keynote talk on the second day (11 November), and Unilever's Engel will give a keynote focused on achieving a circular economy on the third and final day (12 November).
--- REGISTER FOR NET-ZERO LIVE HERE ---
Net-Zero Live, which has transitioned from a face-to-face to virtual format, will take a different theme each day: “Net-Zero Business Leadership" (10 November); "Net-Zero Resources & Waste" (11 November); and "Net-Zero Carbon" (12 November).
The line-up for each day includes interactive panel discussions, facilitated networking sessions, educational masterclasses, and "open roundtable" discussions, as well as virtual exhibition booths showcasing the cutting-edge net-zero technologies and services that will shape the decade ahead.
- Emma Pinchbeck, Chief Executive, EnergyUK
- Andreas Ahrens, Head of Climate, Inter IKEA Group
- Anna Lungley, Chief Sustainability Officer, Dentsu Aegis Network
- Laura Sandys, Chair, Energy Systems Data Taskforce
- Sam Baker, Strategic Adviser, Chapter Zero
- Alberto Carrillo Pineda, Director of Science Based Targets, CDP
- Roz Bulleid, Interim Deputy Policy Director, Green Alliance
- Magali Anderson, Chief Sustainability Officer, LafargeHolcim
- Andy Mazzucchelli, Energy and Sustainability Manager, Landsec
- James Diggle, Head of Energy and Climate Change, CBI
- Caroline Bragg, Head of Policy, Association for Decentralised Energy (ADE)
- Zach Angelini, Environmental Stewardship Manager, Timberland
View the full list of confirmed speakers for Net-Zero Live here.
Day 1 (Business Leadership Day)
- Panel discussion: "The Decade of Delivery: Business Leadership for a Net-Zero Economy”
- 45-Minute masterclass: "How to build a successful net-zero strategy for your business”
- Open roundtable discussion: "What does great communication and collaboration look like in the age of coronavirus?”
Day 2 (Net-Zero Carbon Day)
- Panel discussion: “Energy management in a post-pandemic world: Challenges and opportunities”
- 45-Minute Masterclass: "Unlocking access to funding for a net-zero future”
- Open roundtable discussion: "Net-zero buildings and transport – What does a great decarbonisation strategy now look like?"
Day 3 (Net-Zero Resources Day)
- Panel discussion: “Net-zero and the circular economy: What good business looks like in a post-pandemic world”
- 45-Minute Masterclass: "How to build and enhance your strategy to eliminate single-use plastics”
- Open roundtable discussion: "Business model innovation: How can we build a closed-loop, regenerative brand?"
Throughout all three days, a dedicated virtual networking space will allow sustainability and energy professionals to catch up with peers and forge new connections with net-zero experts, policymakers, investors and NGOs around the world. And a virtual exhibition area will showcase some of the latest products, services and technologies that are advancing the net-zero transition.
View the full Net-Zero Live content programme here.
And that’s not all. Given the great size and scale of the net-zero movement, edie is bringing back Net-Zero November – an entire month’s worth of content dedicated to informing, inspiring and empowering sustainability and energy professionals on the road to a net-zero carbon future for their business.
In association with edie's headline partner EDF Energy, the month will include an array of net-zero-themed exclusive interviews, downloadable guides, reader blogs, webinars and podcasts. Net-Zero November will also aim to spark new business ideas and actions through edie's award-winning campaign, Mission Possible. Specifically, edie readers will be encouraged to submit new net-zero themed commitments on behalf of their organisations via the Mission Possible Pledge Wall.
Last year’s Net-Zero November saw the editorial team deliver more than 40 pieces of original content which resulted in edie’s most successful month ever in terms of website traffic and audience engagement. You can view all of that content here.
Net-Zero Live and Net-Zero November are taking place at a crucial time for the global net-zero carbon transition; with the solutions to coronavirus and climate change converging, the collaborative green recovery movement gathering pace, and the deferred COP26 climate talks due to be hosted exactly one year later, in November 2021. edie will continue reporting on all of the major net-zero news and announcements as they happen via our dedicated net-zero content hub.
--- REGISTER FOR NET-ZERO LIVE HERE ---