Net-Zero Live 2020: Register for today’s Net-Zero Resources sessions
Following a thought-provoking two days of edie's Net-Zero Live virtual event, businesses looking at resource efficiency can hear from Unilever, Coca-Cola, Mars, Timberland and WWF on the final day of the flagship event.
Lord Deben, who led the CCC’s initial recommendations for the UK Government to establish a national net-zero carbon target for 2050, delivered the opening address for the Net-Zero Live event on Day One (10 November) which is dedicated to accelerating climate action and helping business build back better. Catch up on Day One here.
For Day Two Conservative MP Bim Afolami, who chairs the All Party Parliamentary Renewable and Sustainable Energy Group (PRASEG), delivered a keynote about the intersections of climate action with economic growth and better lifestyles. Read up on Day Two here.
For organisations focusing on resource efficiency and the circular economy, the third and final day on Net-Zero Live will hear from industry experts and businesses seeking to ignite new business models to deliver a zero-waste world. By registering for Net-Zero Live, you’ll also gain access to session recordings across all three days.
Net-Zero Live, which has transitioned from a face-to-face to virtual format, will take a different theme each day: “Net-Zero Business Leadership” (10 November); “Net-Zero Resources & Waste” (11 November); and “Net-Zero Carbon” (12 November).
The line-up for each day includes interactive panel discussions, facilitated networking sessions, educational masterclasses, and “open roundtable” discussions, as well as virtual exhibition booths showcasing the cutting-edge net-zero technologies and services that will shape the decade ahead.
– Andreas Ahrens, Head of Climate, Inter IKEA Group
– Anna Lungley, Chief Sustainability Officer, Dentsu Aegis Network
– Laura Sandys, Chair, Energy Systems Data Taskforce
– Sam Baker, Strategic Adviser, Chapter Zero
– Alberto Carrillo Pineda, Director of Science Based Targets, CDP
– Roz Bulleid, Interim Deputy Policy Director, Green Alliance
– Magali Anderson, Chief Sustainability Officer, LafargeHolcim
– Andy Mazzucchelli, Energy and Sustainability Manager, Landsec
– James Diggle, Head of Energy and Climate Change, CBI
– Caroline Bragg, Head of Policy, Association for Decentralised Energy (ADE)
– Zach Angelini, Environmental Stewardship Manager, Timberland
View the full list of confirmed speakers for Net-Zero Live here.
Day 1 (Business Leadership Day)
- Panel discussion: “The Decade of Delivery: Business Leadership for a Net-Zero Economy”
- 45–Minute masterclass: “How to build a successful net-zero strategy for your business”
- Open roundtable discussion: “What does great communication and collaboration look like in the age of coronavirus?”
Day 2 (Net-Zero Carbon Day)
- Panel discussion: “Energy management in a post-pandemic world: Challenges and opportunities”
- 45-Minute Masterclass: “Unlocking access to funding for a net-zero future”
- Open roundtable discussion: “Net-zero buildings and transport – What does a great decarbonisation strategy now look like?”
Day 3 (Net-Zero Resources Day)
- Panel discussion: “Net-zero and the circular economy: What good business looks like in a post-pandemic world”
- 45–Minute Masterclass: “How to build and enhance your strategy to eliminate single-use plastics”
- Open roundtable discussion: “Business model innovation: How can we build a closed-loop, regenerative brand?”
Throughout all three days, a dedicated virtual networking space will allow sustainability and energy professionals to catch up with peers and forge new connections with net-zero experts, policymakers, investors and NGOs around the world. And a virtual exhibition area will showcase some of the latest products, services and technologies that are advancing the net-zero transition.
View the full Net-Zero Live content programme here.
And that’s not all. Given the great size and scale of the net-zero movement, edie is bringing back Net-Zero November – an entire month’s worth of content dedicated to informing, inspiring and empowering sustainability and energy professionals on the road to a net-zero carbon future for their business.
In association with edie’s headline partner EDF Energy, the month will include an array of net-zero-themed exclusive interviews, downloadable guides, reader blogs, webinars and podcasts. Net-Zero November will also aim to spark new business ideas and actions through edie’s award-winning campaign, Mission Possible. Specifically, edie readers will be encouraged to submit new net-zero themed commitments on behalf of their organisations via the Mission Possible Pledge Wall.
Last year’s Net-Zero November saw the editorial team deliver more than 40 pieces of original content which resulted in edie’s most successful month ever in terms of website traffic and audience engagement. You can view all of that content here.
Net-Zero Live and Net-Zero November are taking place at a crucial time for the global net-zero carbon transition; with the solutions to coronavirus and climate change converging, the collaborative green recovery movement gathering pace, and the deferred COP26 climate talks due to be hosted exactly one year later, in November 2021. edie will continue reporting on all of the major net-zero news and announcements as they happen via our dedicated net-zero content hub.
© Faversham House Ltd 2022 edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.