This is Mission Possible: edie’s sustainable business campaign has officially begun…
Today (21 March) marks the official launch of Mission Possible – edie's brand new campaign which seeks to empower and inspire sustainability, energy and resource efficiency professionals to achieve a sustainable future for their business.
A brand new campaign video, launched today, details the mission: business must achieve a low-carbon, resource-efficient revolution through a scaling up of effort and innovation across all areas of sustainable development.
Through this campaign, edie will show that this mission IS possible. Through a variety of digital content and face-to-face events, the campaign will chart the great progress being made by businesses across the globe and identify the key areas of action that must be addressed to take corporate sustainability onto the next level.
edie’s content director Luke Nicholls said: “Last year, we explored the ‘sustainability megatrends’ – the macro drivers for sustainability professionals; the why behind our mantra of doing business better.
“Today, we move from the why to the how and the who. We know the scale of the challenge and we know the sustainable future we want to achieve, but how are we going to get there?
“Through our new Mission Possible campaign, we want to bring our audience of sustainability professionals and energy managers closer together to better understand exactly how they can achieve a sustainable future, and to encourage them to be bold and take new actions.”
The Mission Possible campaign will provide this insight and inspiration through the lens of five key pillars related to the future of sustainable business:
> The Built Environment
> Business Leadership
The Mission Possible campaign is being delivered through a variety of formats throughout 2018, and beyond:
– Mission Possible will be the overarching theme of edie’s flagship exhibition, edie Live 2018, taking place on 22-23 May at the NEC Birmingham. Full details can be found here.
– An inaugural Mission Possible report will be officially launched at edie Live. The high-level report will include a foreword from leading British environmentalist and writer Jonathon Porritt, followed by a series of thought-leadership articles penned by chief executives and directors from the likes of The Climate Group, World Resources Institute and the World Green Building Council.
– A mini-series of exclusive video interviews will chart how various sustainability leaders are working to achieve Mission Possible for their organisation. The video series will include representatives from Carlsberg, BT, Heathrow Airport, Landsec and P&G. The first video interview will be published on edie.net next week.
– A new weekly Mission Possible news series will round up the sustainability success stories of the week from across the globe. The first edition of the Mission Possible round-up will be published on edie.net next week.
– Watch this space for the ‘Mission Possible pledge’ – a new element of the campaign which is planned to be officially unveiled at edie Live 2018.
Take the Mission Possible survey
edie needs YOU to take part in a short survey which will help inform our flagship report investigating business progress towards achieving a sustainable future.
The 10-minute survey explores the opportunities, priorities and commitments that are enabling businesses to achieve a low-carbon, resource efficient and profitable future, today. Individual survey responses will be kept anonymous.
© Faversham House Ltd 2023 edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.