Mandatory Carbon Reporting - Utilitywise plc
Facing mandatory carbon reporting? We can help. What is it?
Your mandatory carbon reporting requirements are in safe hands
In April 2013, the UK government introduced the Mandatory Carbon Reporting, a regulatory requirement for all UK quoted companies to report their greenhouse gas emissions in their Annual Report and Accounts. This has undergone parliamentary clearance and came into force as of 1 October 2013. Companies are now required to report their Scope 1 (direct emissions) and Scope 2 emissions (indirect emissions).
The regulations cover UK quoted companies, as defined by Section 385(2) of the 2006 Companies Act which are:
- UK incorporated and whose equity share capital is officially listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange
- or is officially listed in a European Economic Area
- or is admitted to dealing on either the New York Stock Exchange or NASDAQ
How Utilitywise can help
Utilitywise offers a service tailored to your organisation to ensure you’re compliant with the mandatory carbon reporting initiative. We work with you to seamlessly collate, compile and analyse your Scope 1 and 2, including carbon footprint reporting emissions data and report it in the required format. Our format and delivery schedule can be customised to suit your requirements.
Why choose Utilitywise?
We have a dedicated team who offer an all-encompassing service.
OUR EXPERT TEAM:
- Has over 50 years’ experience in this field so you can be sure that your reporting requirements are in safe hands
- Interprets the legislation for you to avoid confusion
- Guarantees energy compliance with the legislation, covering all emissions sources required
- Provides peace of mind that the technical analysis is accurate
- Helps you to avoid any non-compliance issues
- Interpret the legislation for you to avoid confusion
- Informs you about any legislative changes that may affect your organisation
- Provide sustainable carbon management strategy and reporting