Available to watch on demand: The sustainable business leadership online sessions
Recordings are available of edie's online Inspiration Sessions, which took place on Thursday 6 January 2022. These webinars, sponsored by edie's B Corp partner Seismic, will inform and inspire sustainable business leaders.
The Business Leadership Inspiration Sessions are the perfect way to set the scene for the New Year, whether you’re a sustainability, environment or energy professional, or an executive decision-maker.
Hosted in partnership with Seismic, the event offers up an afternoon of live, interactive webinar discussions and masterclass presentations – all dedicated to turning the global ambitions of COP26 into sustainable business actions, and balancing profit and purpose in 2022.
Experts from organisations including Virgin Media O2 and Seismic took part in the discussions
People can still register and will gain access to two, back-to-back live webinar sessions. These sessions include a high-level panel debate and a 45-minute masterclass on becoming a B Corp-certified business.
Full details of the two sessions are as follows:
1) The big debate: How will COP26 shape business leadership in 2022? (12pm–12.55pm GMT)
Taking place just weeks after the conclusion of the COP26, the first of our Business Leadership Inspiration Sessions brings together a selection of revered sustainability leaders to discuss how the climate summit can shape climate action, and what great business now looks like in 2022 and beyond.
- Paul Lewis, CEO and co-founder at Seismic
- Will Kirkpatrick, head of sustainability and social impact at Virgin Media O2
- Julia Barrett, chief sustainability officer, Willmott Dixon
- Hege Sæbjørnsen, country sustainability manager, IKEA UK and Ireland
- Our COP26 legacy: What it all means for business
- From SBTs to SDGs: Using global standards and frameworks to your advantage in 2022
- Becoming a powerful leader in 2022, as an individual and an organisation
2) 45-Minute Masterclass: The B Corp way: How to become a purpose-led business in 2022 (1pm-1.45pm GMT)
Our second and final Inspiration Session is all about the power of purpose. This masterclass-style webinar will hear from B Corp experts, Seismic, and certified businesses about how the B Corp process works and the benefits it can have, equipping you with the tools and insights to lead a B Corp journey of your own.
- Amy Bourbeau, Co-Founder and Chief Impact Officer, Seismic
- Karina O’Gorman, European Head of Force for Good, innocent Drinks
- Hugh Lewis, Head of Proposition Strategy, Gousto
- Georgia Phillips, Mission Lead, Pukka Herbs
- Quantifying the benefits of becoming a certified B Corp
- Your B Corp journey: Where to start, who to engage, what to do next
- How to ensure becoming a B Corp drives tangible change for your business
- Navigating the B Impact Assessment (BIA): Quick wins and common pitfalls
edie’s Sustainability Leaders Forum – 1-2 February 2022
The multi-award-winning Sustainability Leaders Forum is back, bigger and better for 2022, re-uniting business leaders, sustainability practitioners, policymakers, investors and NGOs around a common goal: to turn the ambitions of COP26 into meaningful climate action and truly transform business, for good.
Over three days in London and online, you will be connected with peers through expertly facilitated networking sessions; inspired by powerful keynote talks from global industry leaders; immersed in a series of themed plenary discussions and dynamic best-practice presentations; and challenged to think differently in our interactive panel debates and co-creative workshops.
© Faversham House Ltd 2022 edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.