Sustainability Leaders Award winners selected for European final
Two winners from the Sustainability Leaders Awards 2013, organised by edie, have been selected as UK finalists for the European Business Awards for the Environment (EBAE).
The EBAE recognise outstanding, new or innovative contributions to sustainable development. The 12 UK finalists are selected from the winners from RSA-accredited schemes, including the Sustainability Leaders Awards.
This year, edie is delighted to announce that two of its winners have been selected: Cynar, which won the Sustainability Product Innovation category; and Berendsen UK, the Sustainability Leaders Awards winner in the Water Management category.
The biennial EBAE is comprised of four award categories in which companies are recognised for outstanding new or innovative management practices, products, processes and international co-operation activities which contribute to economic and social development without detriment to the environment.
The 12 EBAE finalists were selected from schemes from 28 countries and the winners will be announced later this year.
A full list of finalists across the four categories is below:
- Brand-Rex Ltd: “The pathway to Carbon Neutrality” and “2015 for 2020: 20 Steps we can make by 2015 for a better vision of our future”
- Nestle UK Ltd: Lighthouse 1
- The Bay: The Bay Fish & Chips, Stonehaven
- Transport for London: TfL’s commitment to sustainable travel
Product & Services
- CPT EALABC: LC Super Hybrid
- Dryden Aqua: AFM® Activated Water Filtration Media
- Parax Paper: The ecologically friendly alternative paper
- Vegware: Zero waste food packaging
- Berendsen UK: Water and Energy Management
- Cynar Plc: End of Life Plastics to Usable Liquid Fuels
- Dry Lube: Better for your people, your environment and your business
International Business Cooperation
- Mainetti (UK) Limited: Plan M – Making Mainetti Sustainable
Entry for the 2014 Sustainability Leaders Awards opens very soon. Click here to be kept informed when entry opens.
© Faversham House Ltd 2023 edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.