2010 shortlist announced for Awards for Environmental Excellence
Edie's Awards for Environmental Excellence today (July 28) announce the Project Award shortlist for the 2010 event.
The short-listing for the 2010 Project Awards was one of the toughest ever with a record breaking number of entries demonstrating the incredibly high standard of today’s environmental projects.
The shortlist can be viewed by clicking here or scrolling down this story to the relevant section.
Congratulations to everyone who has been successful in the short-listing process you’ll shortly be contacted and asked to fill out a more detailed form which will be the basis for our judges to decide the winning entries.
In the form you’ll be advised of what the judges will be looking for and have the opportunity to expand on the 600 word maximum limit from the case study which has got you onto the shortlist.
This truly was a bumper year for award entries and the people behind every project to be shortlisted should be justifiably proud of their achievement.
And commiserations to everyone who missed out this year it was an incredibly tough competition and not getting shortlisted should not be seen as a failure of the project, more a sign of the growing strength of the environmental market.
Waste and Recycling
- Advantage West Midlands (AWM’s) landfill diversion infrastructure
- Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd 100% recycled boilers scheme
- British Retail Consortium (BRC’s) on pack recycling label
- Marks and Spencer, Severnside Recycling, Shanks Waste Management Ltd and Helistrat Management Services delivering on Plan A
- National Magazine Company’s waste reduction and recycling programme
- PRUPIM’s sustainable shopping centres
- Verdant & South Oxfordshire & Vale of White Horse District Council’s procurement partnership
- ADAS’ reducing business travel green house gas emissions
- British Telecom (BT’s) emissions cuts
- B9 Shipping’s fossil free fuel and dry bulk cargo ships
- Coventry and Birmingham Low Emission Demonstrators (CABLED) & Arup low carbon vehicle demonstration scheme
- Natural England transport emissions cuts
- Think EV electric urban vehicles
Water and Wastewater
- Bathroom Manufacturers Association’s The Water Efficient Product Labelling Scheme
- Greenvale AP’s cutting water use in potato industry
- Mott MacDonald’s Water Resources Demand Management Assistance project
- Race Cottam Associates for Wessex Water Services’ £25M green rebuild of a water treatment plant
- Southern Water’s Blooming schools campaign
- Talisman Communications’ water reduction across 12 water companies shorter shower campaign
- Yorkshire Water and Arup’s Esholt Wastewater Treatment Works
- A1 Housing’s greening properties in Bassetlaw
- Fernbrook Bio’s Rothwell Lodge Farm Anaerobic Digestion Plant
- Imtech Process UK’s largest AD plant for Anglican Water
- Oxford Catalysts Group’s biomass gasification facility
- University of York & Arup sustainable energy and utilities strategy
Local Government Initiative
- Amey & Central Bedfordshire Council sustainable roads scheme
- East Lothian Council’s PrintSmart
- Enterprise Islington Partnership’s Driving Environmental Excellence
- Essex County Council’s Sustainable Essex Partnership
- Leicester City Council’s Greening the Laughs
- London Development Agency & Arup’s Decentralised Energy Master Planning programme
Green Retail Initiative
- AB Sustain Waitrose’s WildCare scheme
- MITIE and Tesco store lighting innovation
- Marks and Spencer’s Hanger Reuse initiative
- The Green House Hotel’s carbon neutral accommodation
- Moto Hospitality’s energy reduction scheme
- Wiles Greenworld’s combined delivery and recycling collection scheme
Green Corporate Initiative
- BPR Group Paper Round’s Walking the Talk
- Finning UK’s eco driving training
- Metropolitan Police Service’s Mainstreaming Responsible Procurement
- Polythene UK’s 100% recycled bags, covers, tubes and much more
- UESL /Gala Gala Coral Group’s energy reduction scheme
- 1E’s green IT and PC power management
- ADAS UK & Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA) low carbon footprinting tool
- AEA’s greening government department’s supply routes
- Anyvan.com’s delivery auction scheme
- International Synergies’ National Industrial Symbiosis Programme
- May Gurney’s Carbon Reduction Programme
- Metropolitan Police Service’s Carbon Reduction Programmes
- Aspire Defence’s Ministry of Defence’s Project Allenby/Connaught
- Cube Housing Solutions’ Cub Homes
- Mott MacDonald’s Darwin Centre Phase
- Arup and Gatsby/University of Cambridge Green Laboratory
- Scott Wilson’s new Brent Civic Centre
- Sinclair Knight Merz/ SKM Enviros’ MediaCityUK
© Faversham House Ltd 2023 edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.
Please login or Register to leave a comment.