CD ROM delivers site-specific environmental, land-use and geological data
A new CD ROM enables instant searching for site-specific environmental data, through over 10 million environmental and property records. Edie users can get a free copy + £500 of free data if you are quick.
The CD, Sitescope Environmental, delivers a wide range of information including Environment Agency data on abstraction and discharge consents, landfills, pollution incidents, groundwater vulnerability and water quality, Radioactive Substance Consents and Integrated Pollution Control authorisations.
It also contains information provided by a wide range of public and non-public organisations including:
- the British Geological Survey (including solid geology, landslip and boreholes);
- the Department of Environment, Transport and the Regions (Hazardous Substance Consents);
- English Nature (SSSIs and other sites);
- Countryside Commission (AONBs and National Parks);
- the National Radiological Protection Board (radon risk); and
- the Valuation Office (current industrial use).
Suppliers Catalytic Data Ltd say the product was developed in response to an increasing demand from professionals, such as surveyors, environmental and geotechnical consultants, bankers, lawyers, and industrial, property and insurance companies, for rapid access to this kind of information.
The product allows users quickly and easily to:
- produce site-specific environmental reports;
- search by postcode or national grid co-ordinates;
- search for a single site or an entire portfolio;
- configure each report to your or your client’s requirements;
- create and maintain customised search templates;
- print or export the reports.
Usage of the data is metered. Sitescope Environmental calculates and displays the charge for each search. It deducts the cost of each completed search from the credit balance of your subscription. There is a launch offer of £500 of free information for those who subscribe before 12 March.
Edie users can obtain a free copy of the CD by emailing Catalytic Data and mentioning edie.
© Faversham House Ltd 2023 edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.