Energy company offers green power at a discount
Commonwealth Energy Corporation, California's largest Electric Service Provider (ESP), announced on January 28 that it will offer its GreenSmart program to California residential and small business customers at a discount from the Power Exchange price.
Commonwealth Energy Corporation, California’s largest Electric Service Provider (ESP), announced today that it will offer its GreenSmart program to California residential and small business customers at a discount from the Power Exchange price.
Commonwealth began selling system power at a discount over a year ago and now offers the same discount to customers who want to help the environment by switching to green power. Currently, no other Electric Service Provider (ESP) in the state offers green power at a savings from what they’re currently paying for system power through their local utility company.
Only 11 percent of system power comes from a renewable source, the remaining 89
percent is generated using highly polluting, non-renewable sources like coal, oil and nuclear power.
Consumers who have opted for green power have had to pay more money each month for their electricity because supplying green power is more expensive than supplying traditional power. Commonwealth Energy’s CEO Fred Bloom said, “By offering our GreenSmart program at a discount, the consumer gets the best of both worlds. Not only will they save money on their power bill each month, they will be doing the single most important thing possible to help the environment.”
Consumers who choose to switch to Commonwealth Energy will receive 100 percent green power from California based, Green-e certified, renewable sources.
© Faversham House Ltd 2023 edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.