Now available ON-DEMAND: edie’s online Sustainable Investment Inspiration Sessions
edie's Sustainable Investment Inspiration Sessions are now available to watch on-demand, at your convenience.
Hosted during edie’s dedicated Climate Finance Week of digital content and events, the Sustainable Investment Inspiration Sessions offered up an afternoon of live, interactive webinar presentations and discussions – all dedicated to mobilising and scaling up finance to accelerate climate action.
These three webinars are free to stream on-demand. They initially took place on the afternoon of Wednesday 12 July. They are not to be missed for anyone working in sustainability, ESG, CSR or finance.
Speakers from organisations including Lloyds Bank, JP Morgan, the Aldersgate Group, the Green Finance Institute, Octopus Investments and Energise took part in this event.
For a full agenda, read on.
SESSION 1: The big climate finance Q&A: Mobilising the green investment revolution (12:30 – 13:30)
Kicking off our Inspiration Sessions, a selection of experts will discuss the fast-expanding green finance landscape, both in the UK and globally, and explore what collaboration looks like – across governments, businesses and investors.
- Ben Westerman, Interim Executive Director, Aldersgate Group
- Ryan Jude, Programme Director, Green Finance Institute
- Varun Sarda, MD and Head of ESG Advisory, Lloyds Bank
- Heather Buchanan, Co-Founder and Director, Bankers for Net Zero
- How can the UK spend to catch up in the “green arms” race?
- Green taxonomy: How can businesses prepare for the boom green finance?
- What policy and frameworks can be used to mobilise climate finance?
- “Good” investment vs “bad” investment: how to make the right call
SESSION 2: Quick-fire-case studies: Securing investment to accelerate the net-zero transition (13:45 – 14:45)
Our second Inspiration Session features a series of never-before-seen, quick-fire case studies, hearing from some of the individuals and organisations that are maximising investment opportunities and identifying new sources of funding to drive their sustainability strategies and accelerating climate action.
- Lukasz Michalak, Investment Director and Co-Head of Sustainable Infrastructure Fund, Octopus Investments
- Rama Variankaval, Global Head of Center for Carbon Transition, J.P. Morgan
- Lara Young, Group Head of ESG, Cromwell Property Group
- The do’s and don’ts’ of exploring green finance investments
- Harnessing environmental data and talking the right language to attract business investment
- How businesses can leverage sustainability-targeted loans to drive their sustainability strategies and improve employee engagement
- The investors’ view: Avoiding greenwashing amidst the growth in sustainable investing
SESSION 3: 30-Minute Masterclass: How to measure and report on your climate-related financial impacts (15:00-15:45)
Our third and final Inspiration Session will equip you with specific tools and insights to measure and manage your climate data namely through the burgeoning practice of aligning with the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosures.
- Nadine Bowles-Newark, Associate Director (Consultancy), Energise
- Navigating climate disclosure standards and legislation
- Utilising the latest reporting frameworks and standards to support your Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy
- Gathering the right data needed to measure, monitor and manage your climate risks and impact
- Presenting and reporting data to effectively demonstrate progress
© Faversham House Ltd 2023 edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.