edie’s online SDG Action Sessions now available on-demand
A recording of edie's afternoon of online events dedicated to the private sector's role in delivering the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) is now available on-demand.
All three sessions originally aired on Thursday (21 September) and are now available on-demand.
Hosted during edie’s special Sustainable Development Goals Week of digital content and events, the Sustainable Development Action Sessions offerded up an afternoon of live, interactive webinar presentations and discussions – all dedicated to giving businesses the tools, insights and knowledge to maximise their contribution to the Global Goals.
With just seven years left to achieve the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 underlying targets, it’s clear that business must step up if we’re to have the positive impact on society which the Goals ultimately exist for. So, how can businesses mobilise global efforts and accelerate action?
This online event saw a selection of business leaders and sustainable development experts sharing their learnings and discussing some of the biggest drivers, challenges and opportunities when it comes to accelerating momentum to achieve the SDGs by 2030, both in the UK and globally. The sessions also exclusively revealed the findings of edie’s recent SDG Survey of business and sustainability leaders.
Registering to watch the sessions on-demand will give you access to all of the sessions.
Full details below:
Keynote: The race to 2030: Identifying which Goals require the most focus
Steve Kenzie, Executive Director, UN Global Compact
7 years left: 7 case studies to accelerate business action on the Global Goals (Part 1)
Climate, equality and partnerships
- The race to 2030: Identifying which Goals require the most focus
- Spearheading the Just Transition within your business, and bringing stakeholders on the journey
- How can businesses achieve systemic change through collective and collaborative action?
- Understanding the most effective standards, systems and frameworks to measure progress
Brett Fleming-Jones, Group Marketing Director, phs Group
Fiona Morgan, Chief Purpose Officer, Sail GP
Rosie Festus, Brand Manager for Magnum, Unilever
7 years left: 7 case studies to accelerate business action on the Global Goals (Part 2)
Energy, cities, land and water
- Choosing which Goals and targets are most relevant to your business
- Integrating Goals and sub-targets with existing corporate strategies to accelerate action
- Addressing inequality and embedding social sustainability throughout your supply chain
- Understanding social data and using it to drive change inside and outside of your business
Baishakhi Sengupta, ESG & Risk Manager, Procurement, Oxford Nanopore Technologies
Dhruv Agarwal, Vice-President of Sustainability, Innovation & Development, Kontoor Brands (Lee & Wrangler)
Jamie Rusby, Sustainability Group Director, VELUX Group
Ian Pyburn, Business Development Manager, IES
45-minute Masterclass: How to report and communicate progress against the SDGS (15:00-15:45)
- Exploring the recent changes to sustainability reporting frameworks through the lens of the Global Goals
- The most effective tools for measuring and reporting your impacts against the SDGs
- How to take an integrated ESG and SDG reporting approach
- Communicating the Goals in ways which are meaningful and drive change to all stakeholders
Mike Hanson, director of sustainable business, WSH
Annabel Mulder, human rights research manager, WBA
© Faversham House Ltd 2023 edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.