Apple launches $200m forestry restoration fund
Technology giant Apple has partnered with Conservation International and Goldman Sachs to create an investment fund focused on carbon-sequestering forestry restoration programmes that will remove at least one million metric tonnes of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere each year.
More than 100 Apple suppliers to switch to 100% renewables
Apple has revealed that more than 100 of its manufacturing partners across the supply chain have agreed to source 100% renewable electricity for the production of Apple products, a move that looks set to avoid more than 15 million tonnes of carbon emissions annually.
World's biggest tech firms 'dedicate just 4% of lobbying efforts to climate change'
Analysis of the lobbying activities of Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft and Google's parent firm Alphabet has revealed that they allocated just 4% of their annual lobbying resources to efforts to combat climate change.
Apple links executive pay to performance against ESG targets
Apple has confirmed plans to modify the bonuses its executives receive depending on how much progress the business makes towards key environmental and social targets.
How sustainable is the new iPhone 12?
When the iPhone 12 launched earlier this week, all eyes were on the tech specs and the price. But what about the cult smartphone's impact on the environment and society?
Apple targets net-zero emissions across operations, value chain and products
Apple has announced major plans to become net-zero emissions across its business, supply chains and products by 2030, pledging to reduce emissions by 75% and develop carbon removal solutions for the remaining 25%.
Apple almost doubles green bond offers after £1.7bn fund launch
Apple has issued a new £1.7bn ($2.2bn) green bond offering, nearly doubling its total green bond issuance to almost £3.9bn ($5bn).
How closed-loop supply chains are spurring Apple's decarbonisation efforts
EXCLUSIVE: Apple's vice president of environment, policy and social initiatives Lisa Jackson believes that companies should look at the synergies between the circular economy and decarbonisation in order to create resilient supply chains.
Apple to upscale sourcing of 'habitat-positive' gold
Apple has revealed that it sourced 1,000 ounces of gold from miners working to restore natural habitats this year, up from just 25 ounces last year.
Meet edie's 2019 Sustainable Supply Chain champions: Thai Union and WWF
With entries now open for edie's Sustainability Leaders Awards 2020, this new feature series showcases the achievements of the 2019 winners and reveals their secrets to success. Up next: The winners of our 2019 Sustainable Supply Chains Award, Thai Union and WWF.
Apple to launch material recovery lab after ramping up circular economy drive
Technology giant Apple is set to open a new research and development lab focused on cl osed-loop solutions this year, after diverting more than 48,000 metric tonnes of electronic waste from landfill during 2018.
Apple to exceed 4GW renewable energy goal for supply chain
Apple has almost doubled the number of suppliers that have committed to 100% clean energy, as part of a wider goal to deliver 4GW of renewable energy into its supply chain by 2020.
Apple unveils 'greenest Mac ever'
Apple has this week launched its latest MacBook product which has been hailed as the 'greenest ever' by the tech giant.
Apple and Dell top green supply chain rankings
Companies including Apple, Dell and Levi's have been named as the corporates leading the drive for sustainable and transparent supply chains in the 2018 Green Supply Chain Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI), which has added Whirlpool and Bosch to its rankings.
Apple partners with Etsy, Swiss Re and Akamai on renewables projects
Apple is collaborating with cloud services firm Akamai, reinsurer Swiss Re and e-commerce brand Etsy to develop two new wind and solar farms that will enable the companies to increase access to renewable energy in the eastern US.
edie at 20: Despite the idiocy that is Brexit, we can do it
For edie's 20th anniversary, prominent environmental peer Lord Deben reflects on green policy, Brexit, carbon budgets and flat-earthers.