Available on-demand: Watch all three sessions of edie’s single-use plastics online event
Sustainability experts from Sky, Nestlé, Eurostar, Canary Wharf Group and Surfdome all discussed the role of businesses in collaborating, innovating and actuate to eliminate single-use plastics, as part of an online event that is now available to watch on-demand.
The Business Leadership Inspiration Sessions took place on Thursday 16 January and are relevant for sustainability and resource efficiency professionals who are looking to make 2020 the year that they turn the tide on single-use plastics.
Brought to you in association with Nestlé and inspired by edie’s Mission Possible Plastics Hub, the online event, which is free to access for all edie users, combines three edie webinars into a single afternoon. Each webinar session will have its own edie chair and selection of independent expert speakers, and each session will take a particular format.
Online event: How it works
The brand-new and exclusive online event, sponsored by Nestlé, PHS Group and Reconomy, gave registrants access to three live and interactive webinar sessions about single-use plastics: a Q&A debate; a selection of business best-practice case studies; and a 45-minute masterclass.
Registrants can now watch one, two or all three webinar sessions through the on-demand function.
– Session 1 (00:00:00 – 00:45:00): “Q&A debate: Plastics Policy, Recycling and the Role of Business
– Session 2 (01:00:00 – 01:15:00):“The Plastic-Free Power Hour: Best-Practice”
Business Case Studies”
– Session 3 (02:15:00 – 03:00:00):“45-Minute Masterclass: Eliminating Single-Use Plastic through Behaviour Change”
Full details of the three webinar sessions are as follows:
1) Q&A debate: Plastics Policy, Recycling and the Role of Business
Kicking off our Inspiration Sessions, a selection of industry leaders and circular economy experts discuss what needs to happen next – at a political and infrastructural level – to accelerate the UK’s transition to an economy free of single-use-plastic.
- Matt Mace, Content Editor, edie (chair)
- Fiona Ball, Group Head of Inspirational Business & Sky Ocean Rescue, Sky
- Anna Turrell, Head of Sustainability, Nestlé UK & Ireland
- Adam Hall, Head of Sustainability, Internet Fusion / Surfdome
- Plastic waste legislation: Bridging the gaps
- Increasing collaboration across the entire value chain
- Recycling infrastructure: Overcoming key challenges
2) The Plastic-Free Power Hour: Best-Practice Business Case Studies
The second of our Inspiration Sessions offers up a series of quick-fire case studies, hearing from some of the businesses that are leading the fight against single-use plastics in their operations and across the supply chain.
- James Evison, Insight Editor, edie (chair)
- Rebecca Cranshaw, Sustainability Manager, Eurostar
- Marielle Pantin, sustainability manager and Andy Haigh, senior sustainability manager, Canary Wharf Group
- Representative TBC, phs Group
- Innovation and collaboration: From buzzwords to reality
- Closing the loop in your supply chain
- Avoiding ‘unintended consequences’ of plastic bans
It is arguably the most important piece of the plastics puzzle for sustainability and environment managers: driving engagement and changing behaviours to minimise waste and scale-up alternatives. edie’s third and final Inspiration Session will show you how to do just that.
- Sarah George, Senior Reporter, edie (chair)
- Rose Tehan, Research and Innovation Development Manager, Keep Britain Tidy
- Nathan Gray, Head of sustainability, Reconomy
- Using the ‘Blue Planet 2 Effect’ to permanently change behaviours
- From gamification to choice-editing: Tips and techniques to minimise plastic use among employees
- Engaging consumers and the supply chain on your single-use plastics journey
edie’s Mission Possible Plastics Week 2020
The Business Leadership Inspiration Sessions are being held during edie’s Mission Possible Plastics Week 2020 (13-18 January) – a themed week of content and online events dedicated to supporting sustainability and resource efficiency professionals on our collective mission to eliminate single-use plastics.
edie’s latest insight report, inspired by edie’s Mission Possible Plastics Hub and sponsored by Nestle, is a must-read guide for businesses looking to eliminate single-use plastics waste through reduction, redesign and phase-outs of the material.
Sponsored by Nestlé, the week will include exclusive interviews, blogs, insight reports and podcasts. In addition to this inspiring content, edie is encouraging sustainability professionals to submit new commitments to tackle plastic pollution on the dedicated Mission Possible Pledge Wall.
© Faversham House Ltd 2022 edie news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.